The Downtown Parking Garage provides convenient parking for employees and business patrons, while leaving San Leandro’s surface lots and street parking for shoppers. Located at 120 Estudillo Avenue, the new garage contains 384 parking spaces with convenient pedestrian access to nearby businesses.
New! Downtown Parking Garage Survey
Please share your comments about the parking garage experience with the City. The survey is short and should only take a few minutes.
- Parking Permits: (510) 577-3376
- Parking Enforcement: (510) 577-2740
- Maintenance: (510) 577-3440
Parking Permits and Fees
- First Floor: Free parking limited to two hours per day
- Second and Third Floors: Monthly permit parking. Permits cost $70/month for a reserved space and $45/month for unreserved parking. Temporary permit placards must be obtained from the City of San Leandro Finance Department. Permit placards must be visible in the window of the vehicle at all times
- Fourth Floor: Daily Paid parking is $2.50 per day. A temporary pay station is located on the fourth floor by the elevators. The pay station accepts cash (exact change) only. Note your parking space number and pay accordingly in the numbered pay station slot
Parking is free and unrestricted throughout the garage after 5:00 p.m. daily, and all day on weekends.
- No overnight parking between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. daily
- All other parking restrictions enforced 8am-5pm except weekends and holidays
- Unauthorized vehicles may be Cited (SLMC 6-1-400) and/or towed at owner's expense (CVC22658a)
Note: Effective March 15, 2013, the elevators in the parking garage will be locked and inoperable from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. each night. Users are encouraged to park on the first floor if parking during those hours.
The parking garage is routinely patrolled by the San Leandro Police Department, but it is important for users to take precautions when parking in the garage. Here are a few personal safety tips to follow:
- Lock your vehicle at all times
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Look for anyone "hanging around" your vehicle or your path to your vehicle
- Have your keys in your hand and be ready to open the vehicle door
- At night, walk out to your vehicle with a coworker or friend
For additional personal safety information, visit the San Leandro Police Department's Crime Prevention page.
Garage Features and Construction
Work started in November 2010 to demolish the old 1970’s parking garage and replace it with a new 4-story structure. The new modern structure meets current seismic structural standards, is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and is designed for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. The design of the new garage places a strong emphasis on safety, with pedestrian access to the upper levels provided via two glass front elevators and three well-lit, open stairways. Improvements to Paseo del Oro, the courtyard between the structure and East 14th Street, include decorative paving, a new bus shelter, and landscaping, including a row of palm trees leading to the main pedestrian entrance.
The Estudillo Avenue frontage of the garage includes an office space for the San Leandro Chamber of Commerce. Plans are in the works to connect this office to the Lit San Leandro fiber network. The City also plans to add solar panels and at least six electric vehicle charging stations to the garage.