The Downtown Parking Garage provides convenient parking for employees and business patrons, while leaving San Leandro’s surface lots and street parking for shoppers. Located at 122 Estudillo Avenue, the new garage contains 384 parking spaces with convenient pedestrian access to nearby businesses.
- Parking Permits: (510) 577-3376
- Parking Enforcement: (510) 577-2740
- General Information/Maintenance: (510) 577-3440
Parking Permits and Fees
1st Floor: Free parking limited to two hours per day
2nd and 3rd Floors:
Monthly parking permits are available online at: https://www.sanleandro.org/about/garage/pps.asp.
Users must pay for their permit online before they park in the garage. Purchases are made for the entire month and are the fees are not pro-rated. To purchase a permit, select one of the following permit types from the drop down list:
- General – This permit is $45 per month and allows you to park in any stall on the 2nd or 3rd floors marked “Permit Only”. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis, contingent upon availability. General permit holders may not park in the numbered stalls on the 2nd floor marked “Reserved”.
- Reserved – This permit is $70 per month and allows you to park in the Reserved area (numbered stalls 1-14) on the 2nd floor or in any other stall on the 2nd or 3rd floors. A Reserved parking space is guaranteed.
After you have made your selection, complete the permit application and provide payment. Create an account to ensure that your permit information is saved and you can log in on and pay on a monthly basis. If you are a tenant at the business address 101 Callan Avenue, you must obtain a Landlord Code from your building management to purchase a montly permit.
System Requirements: The permit system requires the use of a current version of Internet Explorer (IE 8 or newer), Google Chrome, or Firefox. You may experience problems with creating, purchasing, or renewing a permit if you use older internet software applications. Email confirmations and reset password emails are sent by email@example.com. Please add this email address to your safe sender list for the email account listed on your permit so that you receive permit system emails.
4th Floor: Daily Paid parking is $2.50 per day. Pay stations are located on the 1st floor near the elevators and accept credit cards and coins only. Users must enter their vehicle license plate number into the system upon payment. Users may also pay by App or Text. Go to get.qpme.com to download the application, or text 5678 to (980) 225-1000. (Note: The Quick Pay application charges an additional $.35 per day). Download instructions to pay by App or Text.
For more information see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Parking is free and unrestricted throughout the garage after 5:00 p.m. daily, and all day on weekends.
No overnight parking between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. daily
- All other parking restrictions enforced 8am-5pm except weekends and holidays
- Unauthorized vehicles may be Cited (SLMC 6-1-400) and/or towed at owner's expense (CVC22658a)
Note: Effective March 15, 2013, the elevators in the parking garage will be locked and inoperable from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. each night. Users are encouraged to park on the first floor if parking during those hours.
The parking garage is routinely patrolled by the San Leandro Police Department, but it is important for users to take precautions when parking in the garage. Here are a few personal safety tips to follow:
- Lock your vehicle at all times
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Look for anyone "hanging around" your vehicle or your path to your vehicle
- Have your keys in your hand and be ready to open the vehicle door
- At night, walk out to your vehicle with a coworker or friend
For additional personal safety information, visit the San Leandro Police Department's Crime Prevention page.
Disclaimer: The City is not responsible for any loss of personal property as a result of parking in the Downtown Parking Garage.
Garage Features and Construction
Work started in November 2010 to demolish the old 1970’s parking garage and replace it with a new 4-story structure. The new modern structure meets current seismic structural standards, is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and is designed for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. The design of the new garage places a strong emphasis on safety, with pedestrian access to the upper levels provided via two glass front elevators and three well-lit, open stairways. Improvements to Paseo del Oro, the courtyard between the structure and East 14th Street, include decorative paving, a new bus shelter, and landscaping, including a row of palm trees leading to the main pedestrian entrance.
The Estudillo Avenue frontage of the garage includes an office space for the San Leandro Chamber of Commerce. Plans are in the works to connect this office to the Lit San Leandro fiber network. The City also plans to add solar panels and at least six electric vehicle charging stations to the garage.