A Shoreline Development Citizens Advisory Committee (Shoreline CAC) was formed to provide input to the City Council and development team on a comprehensive master plan for 40 acres of San Leandro's shoreline. The goal of the new shoreline development is to provide additional amenities to the San Leandro community that recognize and connect with current uses at the shoreline, such as the Monarch Bay Golf Course. The long-term vision for the plan is that its implementation must require little or no City investment and result in a Shoreline that is self-sustaining.
The Shoreline CAC was composed of 33 members and included City board members and commissioners, residents, business owners and representatives from various stakeholder groups, including boat owners, environmentalists, housing advocates and others.
The Shoreline CAC held their first meeting in December 2008 and met at the Marina Inn on select Wednesdays at 7 p.m.. Meetings were open to the public and all community members were invited to attend and provide input.
The mission of the Shoreline Development Citizens Advisory Committee is to provide input to the City Council and development team on a comprehensive master plan for the Shoreline area that
· provides complementary amenities to the citizens of the City of San Leandro,
· connects the amenities with current shoreline uses,
· recognizes the development value of this desirable regional location and how commercial development can fund public amenities and services,
· addresses logical phasing of development,
· requires little or no City investment, and
· results in a Shoreline which is self supporting.
Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Highlights, and Reports
|Kent W. Myers, Chair
|Peggy Hynd-Combs, Vice Chair
||Marie S. Chiu
||Diana L. Cin
|Bob Haynes, Jr.
|Robert G. Leigh
||Michael C. Nolan
||Carole A. Rinaldi
|Caryl Ann Symons
||Ronnie M. Turner
* Three new members added in 2011.
For more information, contact the Business Development Office at (510) 577-3314.