Medical Cannabis Ordinance
On December 16, 2013, the City Council approved a medical cannabis ordinance allowing for the operation of one medical cannabis dispensary in an eligible location city-wide, subject to the following conditions:
- The City will issue only one medical cannabis dispensary permit;
- The approved dispensary may only be located in the City’s industrial and commercial zoning districts; cannot be within 1,000 feet of a school, library, youth center, park and recreation facility and places of religious worship; and cannot be within 500 feet of a residential zone;
- The City Manager may impose separate conditions of approval;
- A public hearing on the approval of a conditional use permit must be held by the Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA) for any dispensary permit that is approved by the City Council;
- Operating, security, recordkeeping, facilities, and signage regulations are set in the ordinance;
- On-site distribution of edible cannabis products will be allowed and regulated to prevent the transmission of foodborne illnesses;
- Payment of non-refundable permit application fee(s), an annual permit renewal fee, and annual business license fee will be required.
The application materials were released to the public on December 5, 2014. Please note questions regarding the application should be submitted via email to MMJinfo@sanleandro.org no later than December 18, 2014. Responses to those questions will be posted on this page. All application materials are due back to the City no later than January 15, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Dispensary Operator Application
Live Scan Application Form