|8:00 AM -
1:00 PM||Citywide Garage Sale & Neighborhood Cleanup Event|
Citywide Garage Sale: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Neighborhood Cleanup Event: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
This City-sponsored event is designed to keep your neighborhood clean and green. Host a Garage Sale at your house in the morning. The City will provide free advertising in the San Leandro Times. In the afternoon, drop-off electronics, furniture, appliances, tires, wood, fluorescent, lamps, household batteries, mattresses, and scrap metal at a designated recycling facility.
Deadline to register is September 27, 2017. Sign up online or call (510) 577-6026 today!
|Tuesday November 14, 2017|
|9:00 AM -
1:00 PM||America Recycles Day|
In celebration of America Recycles Day, the City is hosting a recycling collection event.
What you can bring to recycle
- Expired or unused medication (no controlled substances)
- Mercury thermometers
- Fluorescent lights and tubes or incandescent bulbs
- CDs, DVDs, jewel cases, floppy disks, audio and video tapes
- Household batteries
- Cell phones and cell phone chargers
- Empty toner cartridges
- San Leandro residents only
- Remove all excess bags and packaging from products
- Place batteries in Ziploc bags separate from other products
- Remove medication from original containers and place in Ziploc bags separate from other products
- All types of light bulbs accepted
The following items will NOT be accepted
- Needles & sharps
- Soaps & other personal care products
- Electronic devices
- Car batteries
- Chemicals or paints
- New toner cartridges
- Light fixtures or ballasts
Unused medicine flushed or put down the drain can end up in our waterways and pollute the environment. You can make a world of difference by following prescriptions as directed, and then disposing of your unused portions properly.