The City of San Leandro Senior Services offers a wide range of activities, services, resource and information for adults 50 years old and older. Programs are designed to promote and foster healthy independent living, enhance quality of life and build a sense of belonging and community among older adults, caregivers and families.
Senior Community Center
13909 East 14th
San Leandro, CA 94578
Some activities like Silver Screen Movies are held at the:
Marina Community Center
15301 Wicks Blvd
San Leandro, CA 94579
Monthly Calendar – Published each month, the Monthly Calendar gives a glimpse of ongoing and upcoming senior events and activities. It also features a Senior Resource Guide & Important Telephone Numbers listing and Silver Screen featured films for the month.
Check out the Activities Guide for senior programs and services:
· Classes - Designed to help participants stay fit, healthy and active in both mind and body. Participants learn skills and techniques on how to improve strength and balance, express creativity, laugh and relax, and have fun through exercise, dance, arts and crafts, writing and safety classes.
· Social Programs - Participants get together to share food, laughter, games, dance, socially interact with other older adults, see old friends and meet new friends.
· Special Events - Bring seniors together to celebrate special occasions with other seniors in the community.
· Travel – Day trips and extended vacations allow seniors the benefits of group travel at a reasonable and affordable cost.
· Services – Flu Shot clinics, Blood Pressure checks, Tax Assistance, Health Insurance Counseling, Congregate Lunch Program, Mercy Brown Bag, Information and Referral, and many more.
· Community Education Programs - Workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics relevant to seniors, their families and caregivers. Co-sponsored with various community service organizations.
· Spectrum Senior Meals (Hot Lunch Program) - Spectrum Community Services, Inc. provides the hot lunch program at the Senior Community Center, 13909 East 14th Street San Leandro CA 94578, Monday through Friday at 12 noon for a suggested voluntary donation of $3.25/meal. Meal tickets are $30 for 10 meals. Reservation for lunch is required. Please call 510-825-9793 at least one day in advance to make a reservation for lunch.
The City based paratransit program provides transportation to San Leandro seniors and people with disabilities. Paratransit service is also provided by East Bay Paratransit. Click on the following link for more information: Paratransit Services
Senior Resources - links to resource information for seniors:
City of San Leandro Resource Guide to Services (Cover)
City of San Leandro Resource Guide to Services (Inside)
Alameda County Area Agency on Aging - Senior Resource Guide (Central County)
2-1-1 Dial 2-1-1 for comprehensive social service information for Alameda County, 24 hours a day/7 days a week, multiple languages/TTY