Adults! Earn your high school diploma in as little as five months.
The San Leandro Public Library's Career Online High School program (COHS) gives adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate. COHS is online, flexible, and free and provides you with:
- A personal academic coach to help you succeed
- Convenient 24/7 online classroom access
- Special training focused on ten in-demand industries
- Tools that you need to start or advance your career, including a resume and cover letter
- Be 18 or older and not currently enrolled in high school
- Have a San Leandro Public Library card in good standing
- Be willing to spend at least 10 hours per week on coursework
- Be comfortable using technology
Step 1: Take the "Are You Ready?" survey.
Step 2: Once you complete the survey you'll be invited to enroll in and complete a prerequisite course in two weeks or less and pass it with a 70% or better.
Step 3: After you complete the prerequisite course, the Library will contact you to schedule an interview to determine your qualifications for the program.
Interviews and scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-qualified basis. Enrollment is limited. You may be placed on a wait list until additional scholarships become available.
To find out more, read the COHS Frequently Asked Questions or visit COHS's How It Works page.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 510-577-3971.
Career Online High School is made possible by support from the California State Library and the San Leandro Public Library Foundation.