- City Manager
- Sustainability in the Community
- Resilience Hubs
- Hub Sites in San Leandro
Hub Sites in San Leandro
The City of San Leandro is partnering with Planting Seeds Consulting, Collective Resilience and other community-based organizations and governmental agencies to support the development of a network of resilience hubs, spaces and blocks, through workshops, consulting and funding opportunities.
This network of sites – including places of worship, community centers, and neighborhoods – will center the most vulnerable populations and focus on disaster preparedness, community care and belonging, and climate mitigation and adaptation to be “ready for anything”.
Our hub sites include:
- Temple Beth Sholom: Temple Beth Shalom is an historic synagogue with a forward-thinking leadership. Their resilience hubs practices include becoming certified as a green business
- Church of Christ and Lewis Ave Neighborhood: The San Leandro Church of Christ & Lewis Ave Neighbors are together building a resilient neighborhood!
- Bethel Presbyterian Community Church: Bethel Community Church’s food distribution, community garden, tiny home project, and other community programming make it an amazing example of resiliency in action.
- Teen Advocacy Going Strong (TAGS): TAGS is a nonprofit, second-hand clothing store and workspace dedicated to serving teens and young adults ages 13-24.
- Korean Community Center of the East Bay (KCCEB): The mission of KCCEB is to empower immigrants in the Bay Area through access to education, services, resources and advocacy. They are a bridge helping individuals get needed resources at critical moments in their lives.
- Davis St Community Center: Since 1972, Davis Street has been a key community leader in guiding families and individuals out of poverty and into productive lives by helping others help themselves. They provide a full range of necessary services, from medical care and child care to food and clothing.
- First United Methodist Church: First United Methodist Church, San Leandro has a long, proud history of serving the community of San Leandro, through the dedication of our leadership, pastors and volunteers.
- Faith Fellowship Foursquare Church: Faith Fellowship is a multicultural church in the Manor neighborhood of San Leandro.
Graphic illustration of resilience hubs and some of their potential uses
We are also working with leaders in neighborhoods as well:
- Davis East
- Downtown San Leandro
- Washington Manor