Hub Sites in San Leandro
The City of San Leandro is partnering with Planting Seeds Consulting, Collective Resilience and other community-based organizations and governmental agencies to support the development of a network of resilience hubs, spaces and blocks, through workshops, consulting and funding opportunities.
This network of sites – including places of worship, community centers, and neighborhoods – will center the most vulnerable populations and focus on disaster preparedness, community care and belonging, and climate mitigation and adaptation to be “ready for anything”.
Graphic illustration of resilience hubs and some of their potential uses
Our hub sites include:
- Temple Beth Sholom: Temple Beth Shalom is an historic synagogue with a forward-thinking leadership. Their resilience hubs practices include becoming certified as a green business
- Church of Christ and Lewis Ave Neighborhood: The San Leandro Church of Christ & Lewis St. Neighbors are together building a resilient neighborhood!
- Bethel Presbyterian Community Church: Bethel Community Church’s food distribution, community garden, tiny home project, and other community programming make it an amazing example of resiliency in action.
- Teen Advocacy Going Strong (TAGS): TAGS is a nonprofit, second-hand clothing store and workspace dedicated to serving teens and young adults ages 13-24.
- Korean Community Center of the East Bay (KCCEB): The mission of KCCEB is to empower immigrants in the Bay Area through access to education, services, resources and advocacy. They are a bridge helping individuals get needed resources at critical moments in their lives.
- Davis St Community Center: Since 1972, Davis Street has been a key community leader in guiding families and individuals out of poverty and into productive lives by helping others help themselves. They provide a full range of necessary services, from medical care and child care to food and clothing.
- First United Methodist Church: First United Methodist Church, San Leandro has a long, proud history of serving the community of San Leandro, through the dedication of our leadership, pastors and volunteers.
We are also working with leaders in neighborhoods as well:
- Davis East
- Downtown San Leandro
- Washington Manor