Offices to be Elected 2022
Mayor and City Council Districts 1, 3, and 5
Terms of Office
January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2026
The 2020 Candidate Information List will contain preliminary candidate information regarding candidate filings and candidate contact information. To search for the and view the most recent candidate filings for all the qualified candidates in the San Leandro election. Please see our campaign filing portal.
Preliminary Candidate List
Prior to the opening of the nomination period candidates file campaign disclosure forms notifying the Clerk's office of their intent to run for office. During the 2022 election season, the candidates will be listed here.
The candidate nomination period for the November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election is open from July 18, 2022 to August 12, 2022. Call the City Clerk at 510-577-3367 or email Leticia Miguel to schedule an appointment to obtain nomination papers during the nomination period.
Extended Nomination Period
The candidate nomination period will be extended five days - until August 17, 2022, for any office for which an eligible incumbent does not file nomination papers.
Anyone who desires to be a write-in candidate may obtain and file the necessary forms between September 12 and October 25, 2022. Call the City Clerk at 510-577-3367 or email Leticia Miguel for more information. A write-in candidate's name does not appear on the ballot and must be written in by the voter.
Candidate Nomination Packet
The Candidate Nomination Packet is issued to all candidates during the nomination period to assist them with the nomination and campaign process, and includes the following materials:
- Guidelines for Candidates Seeking Office
- Nomination Paper (must be issued by the elections official)
- Ballot Designation Worksheet
- Candidate Statement and Agreement to Filing Rules
- Candidate Endorsement Agreement
- Declaration of Intent to Install Temporary Election Campaign Signs and Regulations
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Literature Requirements
- Candidate Contact Information
- Submittal Checklist
- Council Member District Map (PDF)
Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC Documents)
Information and forms relating to disclosure of economic interests (FORM 700) are available from the FPPC.
- Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interests (PDF)
- Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests Reference Pamphlet (PDF)
- Form 700 - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Campaign information and candidate disclosure forms and manuals, including those listed below, are available from the FPPC:
- Campaign Disclosure Manual 2 (PDF)
- Form 501 - Candidate Intention Statement (PDF)
- Form 470 - Officeholder and Candidate Campaign Statement (Short Form) and Form 470 Supplement (PDF)
- Form 410 - Statement of Organization Recipient Committee (PDF)
- Form 460 - Recipient Committee Campaign Statement (Long Form) (PDF)
- Form 497 - 24-Hour Contribution Report (PDF)