- Community Development
- Building & Safety
- Building Fees / Forms / Submittal Facts
Building Fees / Forms / Submittal Facts
DIGITAL PERMIT SUBMITTAL COMING IN SPRING 2023!
The Building Division permit counter in the Permit Center will be closed briefly every business day (see below) from February 20, 2023 – April 3, 2023 due to major electronic permit software system upgrading and related intensive staff training.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
9:00 am-10:00am and 2:00 pm-3:00pm
Appointments and walk-ins for Building permits and related inquiries are still available Monday through Thursday before or after the temporary closure times above.
Planning and Engineering appointments and walk-ins are unaffected by this temporary closure.
Thank you for your patience as the Building Division undergoes this necessary system overhaul to improve permitting customer service delivery.
To make an appointment visit: slpermits.as.me
The Permit Center is Open for In-Person Services
Walk-ins are welcome but customers with appointments will be given preference. The cut off for walk-ins is 3:30pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and 2:30pm on Wednesday. The Permit Center is closed on Fridays. Permit Center is closed at lunchtime from 12 pm to 1 pm.
Schedule an in-person counter appointment online
How to get a Building Permit during City Hall Phase Three Reopening Plan, please review Building Phase Three permit procedures:
Development Impact Fees are updated annually and codified in Title 6, Chapter 4 of the San Leandro Administrative Code.
Forms & Applications
Plan Submittal Guidelines
- ADU Submittal Requirements.pdf
- Residential Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Submittal Requirements.pdf
- Kitchen Remodel Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Bathroom Remodel Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Carport Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Deck Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Demolition Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- PV Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- EV Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Pool Demo Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Sign Submittals Requirements (PDF)
- Storage Racking Guidelines (PDF)
- Swimming Pool and Spa Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Title 24 Residential HERS Testing Information (PDF)
- Window-Doors Permit Requirments.pdf