As of December 21, 2018, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) updated local flood zones following a coastal study.
Compare new and old flood zones in the City, and view the properties affected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Recommended FEMA Webpages & Sites
- Flood Hazard Mapping (FHM) - Find forms, documents, software, tutorials, and more data associated with the creation and modification of FIRMs.
- Flood Insurance (Floodsmart.gov) - Floods are the most common hazard in the U.S., and most homeowners insurance doesn't cover flood damage. Everyone is at risk of flooding. Buy flood insurance.
- Flood Safety Tips - There are several things you can do to minimize losses in your home and ensure your family's safety.
- General Flood Information - Learn about flood events, how to prepare for a flood, and what to do during a flood to stay safe.
- Map Service Center (MSC) - View Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) free online. FIRMs, as well as Letters of Map Revision (LOMRs), can also be purchased and downloaded.
- Protecting Your Home - How to protect your property from flooding and other disasters.
- Real Time Water Level San Francisco Bay at the Alameda Port - Get real time water level information for the San Francisco Bay at the Alameda Port.
- Status of Map Change Request - Find the status of map updates, LOMC requests and other information.