Welcome to the Code Enforcement Division!
Our mission is to partner with you, our residents and property owners, to improve the quality of life and aesthetics of our community through education, cooperation, and responsive enforcement. The Code Enforcement Team is responsible for enforcing the City's Municipal Code, which includes Weed and Community Preservation Ordinances, and the Zoning Code. The City's Municipal Code governs dilapidated structures; overgrown vegetation; trash, litter, and debris; and unlawful outdoor storage. The City's Zoning Code also covers accessory structures; fences, walls and hedges; and signage.
The enforcement process begins when a concern is reported to us. We invite you to review our enforcement process to familiarize yourself with the steps that the Code Enforcement Team follows in an effort to gain voluntary compliance. We also encourage you to review the regulations regarding concerns common to our community and report valid concerns. The preferred method to report a concern is using MySL. You may also email Code Enforcement or call 510-577-3363. You follow up on the progress by using CityDash.
To download the mobile MySL app and report a problem using your smartphone:
Report Violations Not Overseen by Code Enforcement
To report violations not overseen by Code Enforcement:
- Abandoned Vehicles (Police Department)
- Animal Control (Police Department)
- Building Code Enforcement (Building and Safety)
- Graffiti Abatement (Public Works)
- Hazardous Materials Issues (Environmental Services)
- Illegal Dumping in Public Right-of-Way (Public Works)
- Noise (Police Department)
- Sidewalks (PDF) (Engineering and Transportation)
- Vehicle Parking (Police Department)