Chamber of Commerce
The San Leandro Chamber of Commerce, represents more than 1,000 business members, promotes the City's business community. With the support of a professional staff, Chamber committees advise members on business, community development, redevelopment, traffic safety, land use, and workforce development. For more information, call 510-317-1400.
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The Alameda County SBDC provides tools and expertise to business owners interested in minimizing risk and accelerating the success of their ventures, such as:
- Expert no-cost counseling,
- Free seminars and technology training,
- Access to sources of capital
- Specialty programs
Workforce Investment Board
The Alameda County Workforce Investment Board, is a unique joint venture of public entities, non-profit agencies, and private organizations in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties helping businesses and job seekers meet their employment needs.
- One Stop Career Centers to assist job seekers,
- On the job training
SCORE East Bay
SCORE is an organization of successful business entrepreneurs and industry executives who volunteer to counsel and mentor businesses at no cost - from start-up to success. Services include:
- Free confidential business counseling
- Low-cost Workshops and seminars
- Online expert resources
ICA Fund Good Jobs
ICA Fund Good Jobs educates, accelerates, and invests in high-growth small businesses in order to create accessible good jobs that lead to equitable communities for all.
- Educate businesses on developing frameworks for stabilizing, leading and growing their business
- Accelerate companies to build a strong foundation for sustainable growth and good job creation.
Small Business Administration (SBA)
The United States Small Business Administration provides a wealth of information to assist entrepreneurs in establishing and managing a business. The SBA also offers loans, grants, and tax-exempt bonds for qualifying business enterprises.
Alameda County Employer Advisory Council (EAC)
The Alameda County Employer Advisory Council is an organization for local business owners in Alameda County. Its mission is to educate employers on future laws and current workforce to meet employers' needs, advocate employers' concerns to legislature, and to counsel employers on hot topic issues, resources planning, and business development.
Membership runs from January through December, and is by company, not individual. Membership dues are $90 paid annually.
Other Business Assistance Resources
- Abandoned Vehicle Enforcement (San Leandro Police Department)
- Alameda County Fire Department (Fire Inspections and Sprinkler Permits)
- Apply for a Business License Online
- California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
- Cannabis and Cannabis Product Manufacturing
- Certified Access Specialist (CASp) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Certification
- City Parklet Program
- Engineering and Transportation (Encroachment Permits)
- Environmental Services (Hazardous Materials Business Plans)
- GreenTrip Certification (Vehicle Trip Reduction and Parking Exceptions)
- Green Building Programs
- Mobile 311 (Code Enforcement App)
- Parkmobile (Parking)