The Permit Center is Open for In-Person Services
Jan 18, 2022 Update: Appointments are required. No walk-ins are being accepted at this time.
- Emergency Rental Assistance
- Affordable Housing Resources
- Tenant-Landlord Mediation/Legal Assistance
- Tenant Relocation Ordinance
- Mobilehome Park Space Rent Stabilization
- Owner-Occupied Minor Home Rehabilitation Program
- Tenants view program information in Español
- Tenants view program information in Chinese (PDF)
- Tenants view program information in Vietnamese (PDF)
- Tenants view program information in Arabic (PDF)
- Tenants view program information in Tagalog (PDF)
- Tenants view program information in Farsi (PDF)
- Landlords view program information in Español
- Landlords view program information in Chinese (PDF)
COVID-19 Rent / Utilities Program
Are you behind on rent or utilities because of COVID-19? Visit the Alameda County Housing Secure website.
For additional information or for eligibility and application help, call 211.
Alameda County Housing Secure Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ACHS-ERAP)
The Alameda County Housing Secure Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ACHS-ERAP) will help income-eligible households pay rent and utilities, both for past due and future payments. The federal Consolidate Appropriations Act of 2021 provides funding to support the program.
Phase 1 of the program will launch on March 17, 2021. Phase 1 of the program will prioritize
- Tenant households making less than 30% of the area median income
- Small rental property owners (5 units or less)
- Tenants in subsidized affordable housing units. These priorities will be expanded in Phase 2
San Leandro Eviction Moratorium Information
- Urgency Ordinance for a Temporary Moratorium on Evictions (PDF)
- Eviction Moratorium FAQs (PDF)
- Notification to Property Management for Non-Payment of Rent Due to COVID-19 Form (PDF)
Additional Housing Programs
The Housing Services Division administers the City's federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program for use in housing and community development projects that serve primarily low-income persons. In addition, the Housing Services Division also administers the federal HOME Program, and the Inclusionary Housing Program. The division also provides staff support for the City's Rent Review Board.