Crime Free Business Program
Crime Free Business is designed to reduce crime in and around retail and service businesses and provide a safe work environment for employees, customers and employers, all while increasing your bottom line.
- How can Crime Free Business help me?
Crime Free Business gives retail and service establishments proven strategies to reduce the likelihood of being robbed and becoming a victim of other crimes. By implementing Crime Free Business strategies, retail and service businesses have reduced robberies by up to 45% and other violent crimes like assaults and batteries to employees by nearly 30%.
- What is involved in participating in the Crime Free Business program?
There are three phases to becoming certified as a Crime Free Business:
- 2-hour training session for business owners and/or managers
- On-site security evaluation
- On-site business follow-up
- What are the benefits of being certified as a Crime Free Business?
- Improved safety and security to business owners and managers, employees and customers
- Increased customer volume-participation in the program is good for business!
- One-on-one access to a San Leandro Police Department crime prevention specialist
- Program specifically tailored to the security and safety needs of your business
- Program materials, including employee training brochures and video, decals and manual
- Updated and ongoing information on local crime and crime prevention strategies
- Invitations to Crime Free special events, such as training in advanced security systems (i.e. purchasing and installing video surveillance equipment) and training in advanced loss prevention procedures (i.e. check fraud)
- What is the cost of enrollment?
Crime Free Business is free to all businesses located in the City of San Leandro.
- What are businesses saying about the Crime Free Business Program?
Businesses participating in Crime Free Business say the training has added a lot to what they knew about protecting their businesses and employees from crime and that making changes in their businesses would not be difficult. The training has also motivated them to make the necessary changes to become Crime Free certified.
- How can I get more information or sign up for Crime Free Business?
Contact Jenny Crosby via email or call at 510-577-3228.