San Leandro is proud of its extensive park system which includes 23 parks and recreation facilities including community and neighborhood parks, swimming pools, and sports fields. Park facilities encourage a variety of activities including running and walking, picnicking, tennis, softball, and swimming. Park reservations open on Monday, April 4th for the 2022 Park Season: May 1st through September 30th. Reservations for picnic areas are currently being accepted for Marina Park's Seagull, Mallard and Otter group areas.
Lost and Found Items: Patrons can look for and reclaim lost and found items by contacting Public Works at 510-577-3440
PICNIC AREA RESERVATION PROCEDURE
Reservations can be made online by visiting www.sanleandrorec.org or by completing the application.
For questions and inquiries please contact our Customer Service Line at 510-577-3462.
• Select a park and a picnic area. Call (510) 577 - 3462 or go online to www.sanleandrorec.org to check availability.
• Picnic areas are available for reservation May 1 – September 30 except Mondays, and Tuesdays following a City Holiday that falls on Monday.
• Picnic reservations are from 8:00am - 7:00pm.
• Reservations for the large group picnic areas at Marina Park are accepted up to one calendar year (365 days) in advance. Large Group Picnic Areas at Marina Park include Seagull, Otter, Mallard, and Mulford Point (all 4 areas only).
• Reservations for all other picnic areas will be accepted beginning the first Monday in April.
• Applications for park reservations must be received by the end of the business day on the Monday before the upcoming weekend.
• Applications must be completed and signed by the person responsible for the rental. Renter must be (18) years of age.
• Proof of residency (within incorporated San Leandro) or non-profit status is required at the time of booking to be eligible for the discounted rates.
• For detailed information and rental rates please refer to Park Chart. Additional fees can be found on the application.
• All fees must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
• Holidays that fall on a weekday will be charged the weekend rate.
• Payments must be made by credit card.
• All permits affected by inclement weather will have the opportunity to select an alternate date within the same park season. If a second date cannot be secured, a refund, minus $25.00 administrative fee, will be processed.
Our physical offices are currently closed, please call:
Phone: (510) 577 - 6080
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Picnic area reservations can be made online at:
• Liability Insurance is required for any event with an estimated attendance of more than 99 people.
• The Insurance must be General Liability coverage in the amount of $1,000,000.00 coverage naming the City of San Leandro (835 E. 14th Street San Leandro, CA 94577) as additionally insured.
• The certificate holder must be the same as the contract holder, have date and location of event on the certificate of coverage, and be received by the City of San Leandro no less than 14 days before event.
• Insurance may be obtained through your homeowner’s insurance policy or through Gale’s Creek Insurance. More information available at www.sanleandro.org.
• Failure to meet insurance requirements will result in the cancellation of the reservation without a refund.
• A one-time courtesy permit change without charge can be made before the 30 day limit.
• A non-refundable $25 fee will be charged for changes or cancellations within 30 days.
• Alcohol is not permitted in any of our parks: Muni Code 4-1-710 states that no person shall consume or be in possession of any open container of any alcoholic beverage in any city park or open space area and a violation punishable by an infraction and fine. This will be enforced by the San Leandro Police Department.
Picnic Area Reservations
• Amplified music is allowed at Marina Park - Seagull, Otter and Mulford Points picnic areas ONLY.
• Amplified music is prohibited at all other San Leandro park picnic sites.
• Battery-powered devices may be used, but must not be audible more than 25 feet from your site.
• Picnic areas shall be cleaned by permit holder prior to departure.
• Please remove all documents, staples and tape after your event.
• No person shall throw, deposit or leave any refuse, rubbish, garbage, or other discarded or abandoned objects, in any public or private lot of land in the City.
• Alameda County Waste Management Authority (ACWMA) Mandatory Recycling Ordinance 2012-01 requires recyclables to be separate from trash. This includes cardboard, newspaper, white paper, mixed recyclable paper, recyclable glass food and beverage containers, metal (aluminum and steel) food and beverage containers, PET (#1) and HDPE (#2) plastic bottles, food scraps and compostable paper. These items MUST be placed in the proper recycling receptacle.
• A City park picnic area may be rented by groups or individuals for their exclusive use upon payment of the fee. The total fee must be paid at the time the permit is issued. Fees do not include Liability Insurance, which is required for parties of more than 99 guests.
• Park facilities that have not been reserved are open to the general public, on a first come, first served basis.
• Use of the City of San Leandro’s picnic facility shall be in accordance with all current, applicable public laws and regulations.
• City of San Leandro employees of the Recreation and Human Services, Public Works, and Police Departments are authorized to enforce all regulations covering use of City recreation facilities. All applicable regulations must be followed by individuals and/or groups renting the recreation facilities, and it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure adherence to the regulations by their group. Where City employees observe a violation of any applicable regulations, they are authorized and required to address the violation.
• The individual or group using a facility must see that all park regulations and stated policies covering use of City recreation facilities are met by those in attendance; both adults and children.
• The use of nails and tacks are prohibited. Please remove all documents, staples and tape after your event.
• Use of recreation facilities will not be granted to a group or individual where such use would result in individual/private profit.
• No dunk tanks or animal rides are allowed in city parks.
• Groups that cause problems such as noise, litter, or aggressive behavior will have their picnic permit revoked, fees will be forfeited and may also result in the loss of opportunities to obtain permits in the future.
• Banners, decorations, weighted objects, etc. cannot be hung from shade structures.
• The City is not responsible for accidents, injury or loss of individual/property at the facilities.
• Smoking is prohibited in City and private parks, playgrounds, and athletic facilities per the City of San Leandro Municipal Code. The usage of hookahs, electronic smoke devices, and marijuana of any kind are prohibited. Failure to comply can lead to on-site cancellation by city staff.
VEHICLES AND PARKING
• Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking spaces will not be reserved for your event.
• Vehicles are not to be driven into the picnic areas; this includes catering vehicles and BBQ trailers. Vehicles also include any motorized scooter, motorcycle, or bicycle. All are prohibited from being used/parked inside of park boundaries for safety reasons.
• Permit holders will need to bring hand trucks, wagons or other means to transport their supplies.
• Marina Park visitors may not park in the golf course parking lots or the boat launch parking lot