The San Leandro Police Department is seeking volunteers to help revolutionize our services! Volunteers are an integral part of our organization and are proven to be a valuable asset to law enforcement agencies and the community.
Volunteers aid in increasing police responsiveness, service delivery, crime reduction and contributing to our community's overall quality of life. In addition, volunteers bring new skills and expertise to the Department and serve as positive police ambassadors within the community.
Programs & Opportunities
Volunteers can assist in many areas, which include, but are not limited to:
- Checking on Senior or Disabled Citizens
- Crime Prevention (patrol events)
- False Alarm Program
- Fleet Maintenance
- Long-Term Traffic Control
- Radar Trailer Deployment
- Special Events / Community Engagement
- Various Administrative Tasks
- And More!
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or over
- Ability to pass a background check including fingerprinting
- Ability to perform assigned duties
- Ability to volunteer 8 or more hours per month
Interested Individuals can complete a Volunteer Application (PDF). Once completed, please email the application to Lieutenant Brian Anthony, Volunteer Program Manager.
For questions or for further information on our San Leandro Police Department Volunteer Program, please feel free to contact Volunteer Coordinator Kris Herrera via email or call 510-577-3210.