File a Police Report
Welcome to the Online Reporting System for the San Leandro Police Department. If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 911. If this situation requires immediate police attention, please call 510-577-2740 instead of filing an online report.
The online reporting system should only be used to report incidents that do not require immediate police attention. This reporting system is not continuously monitored by police personnel. Using this system will allow you to file a police report at your convenience. You will be able to print a temporary report immediately and you will receive a free copy of the report via email once the report has been reviewed and approved.
Inappropriate Incidents for Online Problems
Any of the following would not be appropriate to report online:
- This is an emergency situation
- This incident occurred outside the City of San Leandro
- You, or someone you've spoken to, knows who committed the crime
- This incident occurred on a freeway or state highway
- There is potential evidence that can be collected or something was left behind by the suspect
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please call 510-577-2740 for an officer to respond to take your report.
Appropriate Reporting Incidents
Online reports can be made for the following types of incidents only:
- Custody Order Violations (Late Drop-Offs or Pickup of Child, Not Child Concealment)
- Harassing or Annoying Phone Calls (Hang-Ups, Obscene Language, etc.)
- Hit and Run Vehicle Collisions (Unintentional Vehicle Collision Without Exchange of Information)
- Identity Theft (Someone Uses Your Name or Social Security to Obtain Credit or Open Utility/Service Accounts)
- Lost Property (Wallet, Purse, Cell Phone, etc.)
- Theft (From Unlocked Vehicle, Yard or Open Space, Locker, Coin Operated Machines, etc.)
- Unauthorized Use of Credit Card (Unauthorized Charges to a Credit Card)
- Vandalism of Property (Defacing Property, Graffiti, Broken Windows, Landscaping, etc.)
- Vandalism of Vehicles (Intentional Damage, Keying, Spray Paint, Eggs, etc.)
- Vehicle Burglary (Theft From a Locked Vehicle)
Instructions for Making a Report Online
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software, or add this site to your pop-up blocker exception list, before filing the report. This system utilizes pop-up windows to complete online reports.
Upon completion of the initial online report process, you will:
- See the words: "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the temporary police report to keep for your records.
- You must have a valid email address to file a report online
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed by police personnel before your report will be accepted.
- Once your report has been approved, a case number will be assigned and you will receive a PDF copy of the official police report as an email attachment (email address is required to receive a free copy of the report).
- If further investigation is needed, you may be contacted by police personnel.
- Reports that are incomplete or do not meet the minimum reporting requirements as specified above will be rejected.
Be advised: Individuals filing a false police report or providing information that is knowingly false is a violation of California State Law and violators will be subject to criminal prosecution and/or civil penalties.