Apply for Library Card
Apply for a San Leandro Public Library using our Online Library Card Application! You can now fill out a simple form and get instant access with your temporary library barcode.
This barcode is temporary, so please plan a visit during our limited hours to show your picture ID and get a permanent library card!
How to Apply for a Card Online
- Visit our online catalog. If you need to fill out the form in Spanish or Chinese, please change the language in the upper right-hand corner before moving on to step 2.
- Click on the "Apply for a card today!" image on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Fill out the form completely and click "Register" when you are finished.
- The confirmation page will list your temporary barcode and your library PIN is the last four digits of the phone number you used on your application. Please make sure to write your barcode down if you want instant access to our online eBook collection.
- Visit a San Leandro Public Library branch during our limited reopening hours with your picture ID to verify your account and receive a permanent library card.
- Questions? Email our Circulation Department.
Apply for or Renew a Library Card
Visit any library location, complete a short online application (for a new card only), and present the following:
- A valid California ID with current residence address or one item from each of the following two lists:
- Current Photo ID for Name Verification:
- California ID (if the address listed on ID is not current)
- Green Card
- Military ID
- School-Issued Student ID
- Employee ID Card
- Out-of-state Driver's License
- Credit Card with Photograph
- Current Address Verification (must include name and California residential address):
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days
- An auto registration dated within the past year
- Current utility bill dated within the last 30 days (may be presented in paper or on a mobile device)
Please note: Library card applications for children ages 4 to 13 must be submitted and signed in person by a parent or guardian. The child or children must be present. The signature grants permission to the San Leandro Public Library to issue a library card and allow the minor access to the library's computers.
Please note: To protect our patron's privacy, Library staff require a photo ID to be shown to access a user's library account in the event that the library card is not present.
If you would like to make the process quicker, please review the Online Library card application process above and apply online before visiting one of our San Leandro Public Library branches.
San Leandro Public Library
300 Estudillo Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577
300 Estudillo Avenue San Leandro CA 94577
Phone: 510-577-3971Fax: 510-577-3987
Monday - Thursday 10 am to 8 pm
Friday - Saturday 10 am to 5pm
Sunday - 10am to 2 pm
Dial-A-Story Phone: 510-577-6067
Renewal Phone: 510-577-3977