Residential Garbage & Recycling Service
- San Leandro has two distinct geographic areas for garbage and recycling services. View a map of the service areas (PDF).
The following haulers provide residential garbage and recycling service to San Leandro residents:
Proper Cart Set Out
- Place carts at the curb by 6 am on collection day, leaving 3 feet between each cart.
- Do not overload carts; lids must completely close. For occasional garbage overages, contact your service provider to purchase pre-paid tags/bags or to arrange additional service.
- Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D, 6-volt, 9-volt, rechargeable, camera, watch, hearing aid, calculator and similar) can be recycled. Tape over the positive terminal on all batteries, place in a clear zipper-locked bag on top of your blue recycling cart on collection day.
- Used motor oil and oil filters can be collected curbside on your service day. Contact your service provider request free 1-gallon jugs and filter bags. Set jugs and filters next to carts (not inside), ensuring tops are securely closed. Set out up to 2 jugs and 2 filter bags per pickup.
Missed Pick Up
If your garbage, recycling or organics cart was set out by 6 am and not collected, contact your service provider to report a missed pick up.
- Alameda County Industries (ACI)
- Waste Management of Alameda County (WM)
Garbage and recycling collection service is not provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When a holiday falls on a weekday, service is delayed by one day. Regular service resumes on the next non-holiday week. On all other holidays, collection will occur on regular service days.
Public Records Requests
For public records requests related to the City's franchise with ACI including contract requirements and current rates, please submit a Public Records Request Online.
Or view documents online through the City Clerk's Office.
The City does not maintain public records related to the Franchise between the Oro Loma Sanitary District and Waste Management of Alameda County. For public records requests related to the Oro Loma Sanitary District's franchise, contact the Oro Loma Sanitary District.