- City Manager
- Sustainability at Work
- Energy Upgrade Your Building
Energy Upgrade Your Building
Energy efficiency upgrades to your building are a cost effective way to achieve savings and comfort.
PERSONALIZED ENERGY EFFICIENCY SERVICE
If you aren't sure where to start, meet with a BayREN Energy Advisor. Energy Advisors are not affiliated or employed by other contractors. Their goal is to help you find the right approach, financing, rebates, and qualified contractors to make your building as energy efficient as possible.
BayREN offers a wide range of commercial programs.
MULTIFAMILY REBATES & NO-COST CONSULTING FOR ENERGY & WATER SAVINGS
BayREN's Bay Area Multifamily Building Enhancements program offers cash rebates and no-cost energy consulting for multifamily properties that undertake energy and water upgrades. The program assists in planning energy saving improvements designed to save 15% or more of a building's energy and water usage and provides $750 per unit in rebates to help pay for the upgrade.
See examples of possible upgrades to commercial buildings in this EPA video - Energy 101: Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings.
The Energy Efficiency Pyramid serves as a general reference for you to explore which upgrades might be most cost effective to save energy in your building. The higher you go up the pyramid, the more expensive and complex the improvement. In other words, start at the bottom and work your way up. See the full article on the pyramid at Green Building Advisor.
Paying for energy upgrades now will save you money in the long run, but the initial capital investment can be a significant obstacle. Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing allows property owners to fund energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, and seismic upgrades with little or no up-front costs.
Authorized Commercial PACE Providers in San Leandro:
- CaliforniaFirst - email [email protected] or call 888-996-3755
- YGrene - email [email protected] or call 866-634-1358
BayREN Business No-Interest Microloans
San Leandro business owners – lower your energy bills by as much as $100 each month by installing ENERGY STAR certified equipment and lights. To cover the costs of these upgrades, you can access interest-free microloans of up to $2,500.
- When you apply, the nonprofit Mission Asset Fund (MAF) will help you find qualified energy-saving equipment, recommend contractors, and fill out the simple microloan application.
- Need assistance figuring out your lighting, refrigeration, heating/cooling, or other project? Pick a time to talk with a MAF representative.
- Fill out the 10-minute online loan application form to get started!
Tips and Resources
Check out the resources provided below to learn some tips, tricks, and additional information to help you become more efficient:
- PG&E offers a Business Resource Center that covers a variety of energy-related topics.
- PG&E also offers a variety of tips to save energy in small businesses.
- Energy Star has created a Commercial Buildings Resource Database designed to support the adoption of energy-efficient building technologies.