Green Your Commute
Transportation is the largest source of pollution in the Bay Area and the second largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about programs that promote environmentally friendly commute options and may save your employees money.
There are interesting new carpooling apps that will help your employees find the right carpooling group or service. 511's Carpooling website offers programs to help incorporate carpooling into all of your commutes.
BAY AREA COMMUTER BENEFITS PROGRAM
As of September 30, 2014, Bay area employers with 50 or more full-time employees must offer one the four below commuter benefits to their employees. To learn more, visit the website or see the Bay Area Commuter Benefit Program Employer Guide.
- Option 1 - Allow employees to exclude their transit or vanpool costs from taxable income, to the maximum amount, as allowed by federal law (currently $130 per month).
- Option 2 - Employer-provided transit subsidy (or transit pass) or vanpool subsidy up to $75 per month.
- Option 3 - Employer-provided free or low cost bus, shuttle or vanpool service operated by or for the employer.
- Option 4 - An alternative employer-provided commuter benefit that is as effective as in reducing single occupant vehicles as Options 1-3.
ELECTRICFY YOUR COMMUTE
Replacing your gas-powered vehicle with an Electric Vehicle is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint, save money, and keep San Leandro's air clean. Bay Area residents have access to resources and programs that make owning or leasing an electric vehicle convenient and affordable.
SAN LEANDRO TRANSIT
- AC Transit
- LINKS Shuttle
- City of San Leandro Paratransit FLEX Bus
- East Bay Paratransit
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor
BIKE COMMUTING IN SAN LEANDRO
Biking to work can be the beneficial for your health, can help reduce roadway congestion, and decrease greenhouse gas emissions. City of San Leandro is working hard to implement the 2018 Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan to enhance the bicycle and pedestrian facilities around the community.
Bike East Bay provides resources on urban biking tips, local bike shops, and detailed bike maps that show recommended routes, off-road trails, potential hazards, and more. Visit their site to take advantage of the wealth of information for bicyclists, by bicyclists!
Bike to Work Day was a huge success in 2019, and we look forward to gearing up the celebration of biking to work in 2022.