The Environmental Services Section is the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) and pretreatment program control authority for the City of San Leandro.
Environmental Services is responsible for:
- Hazardous Materials -- regulating the handling and disposal of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes through the Fire Code regulations for the Hazardous Materials Business Plan and Inventory reporting requirements.
- Above Ground Petroleum Storage (APSA) -- regulating facilities subject to the Above Ground Petroleum Storage Act.
- Pretreatment -- regulating discharges to the City's sanitary sewer system.
- Storm Water -- preventing pollutant discharges to the storm water system through site inspection and investigation of illegal discharges.
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) Program -- regulating the handling of large quantities of toxic and flammable substances that present offsite hazards to people, property, and the environment.
- Area Plan -- planning for large-scale hazardous materials emergency response.
- Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) -- regulation of hazardous materials stored underground.
- Onsite Treatment (Tiered Permitting) of Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Generation and Storage
Report pollution incidents, spills, and storm drain contamination:
911, 800-852-7550 (24 hours)
Report to: (510) 577-3434 (3459 - 24 hours), leave message at (510) 577-3401
Online (non-emergency only): My SL
Regular Office Hours for Environmental Services:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Environmental Services Section
835 E. 14th Street
San Leandro, CA 94577