Information About City Services
Last Updated: April 3, 2020
CITY SERVICES THAT REMAIN AVAILABLE
Click Here to read the March 16 City Press Release Regarding Suspension of All Non-Essential City Services.
- Police Department: Click Here for a message from Chief Tudor. The Police Department is attempting to limit in-person reports and interactions, except in emergency situations.
- Alameda County Fire Department: Fire protection services are uninterrupted; fire permitting and inspections are suspended, with limited inspections related to basic life/safety.
- Community Development (including Building Permits and Inspections). Emergency Building Inspections with life-safety impacts are available. See the Community Development Department page for info.
- Engineering & Transportation: Encroachment permit work and associated inspections for life-safety will continue. To request an inspection, please call 510-577-3308 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library: Click Here for information about Digital Library Services.
- Recreation & Human Services: The Senior Meal Program at the Senior Community Center continues to serve meals to registered participants aged 60+ on a takeout basis from 12:00pm – 12:30pm, Monday – Friday. Please call 510-825-9793 between 10:00am and 12:30pm at least 72 hours in advance to reserve a meal or for information about registration.
- Public Works: All City parks remain open and accessible; however most park restrooms are currently closed. Services that include life-safety impacts are available (e.g. downed trees). Please call 510-577-3440 during regular business hours.
- City Manager's Office: Customer service remains available Mon-Thurs 9am-4pm. Please call 510-577-3351.
- Technology: Outdoor Public wi-fi remains online. Click Here for a coverage map.
- Finance: Detailed information and contacts for City Finance services, including business licenses; payments; and claims can be found here.
CITY SERVICES THAT ARE SUSPENDED
UPDATE 4/3: All Spring Recycling Events have been Postponed Click here for details.
- Community Development: Code Enforcement; Building Inspections (exceptions for life/safety impact); Housing Services (exceptions for life-safety impact); and Economic Development are limited at this time.
- Library: All City Libraries and the History Museum remain closed and programming suspended;
- Recreation & Human Services: All Senior programming, Recreation facilities and classes are suspended; Recreation guide publication is delayed.
- Public Works: Residential Street Sweeping; Recycling Program Events; and Monarch Bay Golf Club and Thrasher Skateboard Park are suspended and/or closed.
- Engineering & Transportation: Processing of sidewalk repair requests is suspended; Capital Improvement Construction and Design work on projects is mostly suspended.
- Human Resources: Hiring and pre-employment processes are suspended.
NEW: FACILITIES STATUS MAP
Click Here for Mobile-Friendly Map View