Please note: as of 10/12, all in-person volunteer positions are filled. We will not be holding any in-person orientations until the library has expanded its opening hours and all the applicants from August-October 12th have been offered a shift.
If you are interested in virtual volunteering, please read below for guidelines and how to apply.
We are happy to welcome both in person and virtual teen volunteers this fall! We courage teens to complete the application and manage email correspondence with us on their own.
- Volunteer positions are open to teens in grades 9-12.
- Volunteers must attend an orientation before they are assigned a shift. Orientations are offered once a month.
Read on to find out about different positions and how to apply!
A note: even if you applied and were accepted for the summer volunteer positions, you will need to reapply for fall volunteering!
I look forward to meeting and working with you!
|Volunteer Positions at the Main Library
- Newsletter reviews
- Cards for Kids (offered every October and December)
In Person Program Support
- Help staff run programs for younger kids or middle school students
- Weekly, monthly, or occasional shifts available
In Person Facilities Support
- Kit assembly
- Weekly or monthly shifts available
|How to Become a Volunteer
- Apply here
- Attend an online orientation (offered at the end of every month starting in September).
In Person Volunteering
- Apply here
- Attend one in person orientation (offered three times this fall: August 31; October 7; November 4). Orientations will take place in the evening. You cannot start volunteering until you attend orientation.
- Turn in a Volunteer Waiver*
- Commit to a regular volunteer shift (weekly or monthly) for at least 3 months
*If you turned this in for summer volunteering, you don't have to it again!
|Why volunteer at the library?
- Support library programs
- Give back to the community
- Develop job skills
Feel free to email teen librarian Portia if you have any questions! email@example.com
While we are currently only offering teen volunteer positions at Main Library, we hope to welcome volunteers to our branches in the near future!
If you have volunteered before and are applying to work this Fall, please make sure you know your MyVolunteer login and password; do not make a new account. Please email Portia if you need to update either of these.
Attention Parent/Guardian: It is highly recommended that your teen is responsible for all correspondence regarding the Teen Volunteer Program; starting with the application process and continuing throughout their volunteer service. This program strives to prepare your child for his/her first job.
We feel that the more responsibility that volunteers have in the successful execution of completing their service, the better prepared he or she will be to apply for jobs and enter the work force. When at all possible, please ask your teen to call, email, organize, and initiate! Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.